Zucchini and tomatoes are abundant right now. Pretty soon, neighbors will be “ding-dong-ditching” and leaving bags of produce on your front porch. Here’s a simple salad you can throw together for lunch or as a side dish.
Simple Garden Salad
- 3 TBSP Pinot Grigio vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, minced (I used basil & parsley)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, seeded
- 3 TBSP green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
In a cup with a lid, add all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Cover and shake until blended. Slice the zucchini and tomatoes into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl. Add green onions. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and stir until coated. Cover, chill, and let marinate for a minimum of 3 hours, stirring at least once.
When ready to serve, sprinkle with pine nuts. Makes 2-4 servings.
Variations: add garbanzo beans and/or crumbled feta cheese